The following details can be found on Duckwailk Flickr site:-
"While the glove trade was on the decline in Worcester, the shoe and boot trade was on the increase. In 1837 the Worcester trade directory listed 71 boot and shoemakers and sellers in Worcester.
One of the largest was run by Henry Willis whose company called Cinderella's was one of the first in Worcester to make clever use of a brand name to sell his products; this ensured that his products were easily identifiable. The firm built up a huge customer base all over Britain and even sold in the British colonies through the use of travelling salesmen.
When Henry was joined in business by his brother James in 1860, they went on to build a purpose built factory in College Street. At the beginning of the 20th century, James took over at Henry's death and went on to employ more than 350 people.
In 1914 the firm moved to Watery Lane in St John's however from then on the firms fortunes changed. Rapid changes in fashion and increased foreign competition meant that demand for their products decreased.
The firm was taken over by Great Universal Stores, and then in 1972 A & H Meltzer a London manufacturer. However it was liquidated in 1976.
The shoe works was taken over by Great Universal Stores, of which Kays catalogue was a part of, in 1960, although it was short lived before GUS pulled out of shoe manufacturing and the shoe works closed for good in 1976.
The building was then used by Kays as part of its mail order empire before Morses Club (catalogue firm) took over the site in more recent years.
The whole site was closed and partly demolished for housing in 2005.
Due to the recession all work stopped on the site and it remains in its present state today."